Stafford Town 5, Bromsgrove Sporting 3

BROMSGROVE Sporting's cup curse continues as they crashed to defeat in the Les James Challenge Cup semi-final on Saturday.

The Rouslers' wait for their first silverware goes on after a stunning turn around.

They suffered a setback after Danny Morris' sending off in the fifth minute of the game.

Despite managing to power into a 3-1 lead, they were stunned by Town's fight back.

Both sides looked to be eager to get the noses in front from the start with Sporting having the best chance on the fifth minute when diminutive winger Sean Williams glanced a header goalwards that Stafford keeper Richard Stone just kept out.

But the game changed dramatically when striker Morgan Hurley went down under pressure from the unfortunate Morris, who had made minimal contact and was dismissed for being last man.

Hurley opened the scoring when he fired home from ten yards.

Sporting's Danny Ludlow hit a good shot through a crowded penalty area on 19 minutes which Stone spilled.

But Stafford's keeper dropped Mark Bellingham's effort and Chris 'Billy' Russell fired home.

Chris Duggan cleared a Hurley effort off the line but Bromsgrove edged ahead when Williams headed home Ludlow's corner.

Sporting increased their lead ten minutes into the second half when Bellingham's powerful shot flew into the bottom right corner.

But the visitor's lead last only a matter of seconds when Jud Ellis rifled home Stafford's second from the kick-off.

Hurley then evened things up for the home side on 65 minutes after Brett Mander had missed a tackle.

Inevitably, Stafford got their fourth on the 78th minute when Hurley shot from a few yards out. It looked as if it has been cleared off the line but the assistant reference ruled that it had gone over allowing the hosts to celebrate.

Stafford's Ryan Fox was shown his second yellow card for as the home side were reduced to ten men.

But the hosts completed their comeback af ter keeper Jake Bedford had went up to challenge at a corner.

Hurley sprinted towards goal and under pressure from Duggan, the wideman fired a 45 yard effort into the back of the net.

Stafford: Stone,Cresswell, Fox, Dockerty, Price, Turner, Barnfather, Ellis, Morris, Hurley, Johns ( Bursley, 59).

Subs not used: Wild, Mills, Cunningham.

Sporting: Bedford, Mander, Duggan, Clarke, Cole), Morris, Jones, Williams, Darkin (Poyner , 75), Bellingham, Russell, Ludlow.

Subs not used: Wilkinson, Jones, Wilson, Lowe.

Referee: S Simpson (Stoke-on-Trent).

Attendance: 105

Sporting man of the match: Sean Williams.