DROITWICH Spa finally stemmed their woeful home form in Total Motion Midland Football League Division Two with a hard-fought 2-1 win over Moors Academy.

The ninth-placed Walshes Meadow hosts looked the brighter side from the off with half-chances falling to James Lemon and Nick Seabourne in the early exchanges.

But the visitors broke the deadlock thanks to some sloppy defending with Blessing Nhundu given the time and space to cut inside and fire home powerfully past keeper Matt Oliver on 10 minutes.

The Saltmen failed to get into their stride for the majority of the first period as the visitors enjoyed a lot of the ball.

Oliver had to be alert to deny Ashanti Pryce, Kyle Mullally and Nhundu.

However, somewhat against the run of play a cross was well controlled by Lemon which teed Seabourne up perfectly to strike an effort into the roof of the net from a tight angle.

From that moment on, Moors looked dejected and Droitwich more composed on the ball.

Haydn Morris raced clear of the Moors back-line only to fire his effort directly at Benjamin Ntiri in the away goal then Seabourne headed over and another effort was fired wide. On the stroke of half-time, the hosts got their noses in front when a hopeful cross-field ball from Seabourne was misjudged by Jamie Chisholm.

His error was seized upon by Bradley Burgess who made no mistake in firing past Ntiri to give Spa the lead.

The second half was a different story with Droitwich dominant for large periods and Moors rarely threatened as they tired.

A series of corners saw efforts from Matt Hunt and Seabourne well saved by Ntiri while a dipping corner from Burgess was cleared off the line by Reiss McNally.

Lemon, Seabourne, Burgess and sub Dan Cottrill could not capitalise on their chances as the Saltmen should have been home and dry long before the end.

But it turned out to be a nervy finish as Moors ramped up the pressure in the final 10 minutes.

Spa defended well and protected Oliver’s goal but the keeper had to be on top form to tip a rasping effort by Mullally from 25 yards over the bar.

In the end the Saltmen deserved their first win in the league at their temporary Stourport home and a second straight victory before visiting seventh-placed Northfield Town on Saturday (2pm).