CUSTOMERS of TK Maxx and Homesense are being urged to bring back some DW home candles with wooden wicks because of a risk of choking from an excessive amount of toxic smoke.

They are model numbers 138160, 138666, 138677 and 138723, sold with different scents across the DW wood wick candle range. The candles are made in the USA.

The company has stores in Bath, Bristol, Salisbury, Swindon, Trowbridge and Yate.

Wiltshire Council’s trading standards officers said there is a risk of asphyxiation from the chemicals

in the candles which releases an excessive amount of smoke.

A spokesman said: “A person could inadvertently breathe in the toxic smoke, which might lead to poisoning or asphyxiation through carbon monoxide exposure.”

For more details, go to