Littleton 0, Bromsgrove Sporting 3

Sporting's metronomic away form continued last Saturday but this time it was good news with an emphatic win against league leaders Littleton.

It was not just the result but the performance that was in sharp contrast to the dismal defeat at Southam a couple of weeks ago.

Sporting have now twice beaten the league leaders on their own grounds this season. The other being against Walsall Wood a couple of months ago.

After his impressive hat-trick the week before, Chris Morrison was given a start up front with Chrisi Conway while Elliot Nash, who also impressed last week as a substitute, replaced the injured Keith Draper junior.

At the other end of the pitch, Simon Fitter lined up in defence for Littleton after moving from Sporting before the season started.

Sporting started brighter with Morrison testing Littleton keeper Dan Haywood in the third minute.

The same striker hit the side-netting moments later after receiving a useful pass from James Turk.

However, it was the home side who nearly took the lead on eight minutes. Sporting conceded a free-kick on the edge of the box which Fitter slid under Sporting keeper Tom Savage only for the shot to ricochet off the right hand post.

Sporting's pressure though paid off on the 15 minute mark when the dependable James Blake slotted a precise pass to Conway who a hit hard, low shot that caught a Littleton defender on the leg and glanced past Haywood into the Littleton net.

The home side were clearly rattled and responded by pressing forward with a greater determination but they were caught with too many players forward on 32 minutes, when Turk picked up the ball just outside his own penalty area and in a resemblance of Bromsgrove Rovers legend Kevin Richardson surged through the middle to the Littleton box where he beat Haywood with a low shot.

After the interval, Sporting appeared to have lost some of their rhythm with passes going astray and an inability to retain possession but the back four remained tight and Littleton were unable to take advantage.

The Rouslers got their third on 61 minutes when from a Nash corner, Matt Ross gratefully headed in for his first goal for the club.

Having established a comfortable lead, Sporting were clearly not going to give it away and retaining possession was paramount. Both sides used their full quota of substitutes including Morrison giving way to the more defensive-minded Jamie Parker after edging the afternoon's encounter with the combative Simon Fitter.

This was Sporting’s second victory over Littleton in the space of ten days and once again they did not concede a goal.

Littleton: Haywood, Ingram, Cross, Fitter (capt), Clarke, Walsh (Johns, 79), Manochehri (Allard, 65), Beattie (Baird, 74), Clarke, Lolley, Trotman.

Subs not used: Edgehill, Richardson.

Sporting: Savage, Roberts, Harris, Martin (capt), Ross, Blake, Rogers, TURK (Fellows 81 mins), Conway, Morrison (Parker, 74), Nash (Bright, 79).

Subs not used: Deehan, Draper Jnr.

Referee: D Westwood (Rubery). Attendance: 152