Bromsgrove Sporting 5, Racing Club Warwick 2

SECOND-half substitute Chris Morrison stole the show for Bromsgrove Sporting by scoring a superb hat-trick as The Rouslers recovered from a dreadful first half show.

Sporting found themselves a goal down within five minutes when Racing’s Ben Purser capitalised on some poor defending to tap into an open goal.

In contrast, Sporting’s only chance of the half saw Chrisi Conway go clear and attempt to round Racing goalkeeper Kevin Tobin, but the Warwick shotstopper got the better of him.

Bromsgrove Sporting boss Keith Draper rang the changes early in the second-half, bringing on Ellot Nash and Morrison, which made all the difference.

Sporting had to wait until the 67th minute before making the breakthrough when Nash lofted the ball to Conway, who in turn headed the ball back across goal for Morrison to sidefoot past Tobin.

Warwick went to pieces from that point and conceded three more goals within the space of 10 minutes. Morrison managed to get Bromsgrove’s second after the ball had rebounded back off Tobin. A minute later, Conway made it 3-1 when running through to rifle home.

The fourth goal soon followed when the luckless Tobin parried Morrison’s shot straight to James Turk, who lashed the ball back home.

Warwick managed to get a second goal against the run of play when Edward Kosttuck’s shot trickled home.

But any prospects of a late Warwick recovery were dashed when they had full back Luke Wilson sent off for a second yellow card, before Morrison completed a memorable hat-trick when hammering home a low shot three minutes into stoppage time.

Bromsgrove Sporting travel to league leaders Littletons on Saturday, a side they beat mid-week in the Worcestershire Senior Urn.

Sporting: Savage; Roberts, Deehan (Nash 51), Ross, Martin, Harris, Rogers, Turk (Parker 77), Conway, Blake, Bright (Morrison 63). Subs not used: Fellows, Lodge.

Racing Warwick: Tobin; Wilson, Richey, Cheshire, Cooper (Watkin 79), Unitt (Kostruck 57), Swinnerton, Give, Purser, Symonds, Spalding.

Referee: Mr V Koni (Sutton Coldfield).

Attendance: 309