Fire crews called to Droitwich kitchen blaze

FIRE crews were called to a kitchen blaze on Monday, December 11.

When crews from Droitwich and Bromsgrove arrived at the Meadow Road property at just after 5pm they entered the kitchen and found a coat, which was hanging on the back of a door, had caught light after coming into contact with a hob on a gas cooker.

Station commander Martin Lown, from Hereford & Worcester Fire and Rescue Service, said: “The occupant of the property did the right thing by getting out of the property straight away. Fire crews released her dog which was still inside.

“The firefighters put the fire out quickly but there was a lot of smoke damage to the kitchen. Once the property had been ventilated we offered the occupant a home fire safety check, where we discuss possible fire risks in the home and fit smoke alarms where necessary. We also visited neighbouring properties to offer them a home fire safety check.”

For more information on home fire safety and free home fire safety checks, visit hwfire.org.uk or call 0800 032 1155.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree