HERE'S your evening news round-up for the Black Country and north Worcestershire.

A 73-year-old security guard was left critically injured after being savagely beaten in an attack at a Brierley Hill factory.

West Midlands Police has launched an investigation after the guard was assaulted by a man near an office inside Stokes Forgings metal factory in Vine Street at about 1pm yesterday (Sunday March 19).

After discovering the man inside the factory, the guard was hit numerous times.

He suffered serious head injuries and wasn't found until a colleague started work at about 7pm.

To read more click here.

A 22-year-old Dudley woman has avoided jail after making threatening phone calls to nurseries and schools across the West Midlands.

Rebecca Cooper, of Park Hill Street, The Buffery, received a suspended jail sentence after calling eight nurseries, with a warning that she had guns and knives before threatening to kill everybody.

Cooper admitted to making the calls on Wednesday (March 15) and was arrested shortly after they were reported to police.

To read the full story click here.

A Rowley Regis robber has been jailed for eight years for his part in a Romanian crime gang's crime spree which netted more than £3.1 million in jewels and property.

Vasile Daniel Cardos, aged 26, of Halesowen Street, was one of six men have jailed for 47 years for conspiring to commit burglaries at jewellers spanning nine counties.

The men were sentenced at Stoke-on-Trent Crown Court for the offences which were committed between November 2015 and September 2016.

To read more click here.

A man was taken to hospital after he fell down an embankment onto the train tracks near Bewdley.

Firefighters from Bewdley, Droitwich and Malvern and medics from West Midlands Ambulance Service were alerted to the incident off Sandhampton Lane at around 12.30pm yesterday (Sunday March 19).

The incident took place during a busy weekend on the train tracks, as Severn Valley Railway hosted its Spring Steam Gala.

To read more click here.

Bromsgrove campaigners will join a protest in the town calling for a halt to a consultation on the future of Worcestershire's acute hospitals following the death of Callum Cartlidge.

Callum, aged eight, from Redditch, tragically died following a cardiac arrest on Friday, March 3.

He lived just two minutes from the Alexandra Hospital in Redditch but was instead taken to Worcestershire Royal Hospital in Worcester – a journey which took 23 minutes.

To read more click here.

A man armed with knives and a crossbow was arrested on suspicion of making threats to kill at a Redditch home.

Armed officers were deployed to Gretton Close following reports of a man threatening to harm himself about 8pm yesterday (Sunday March 19).

To read more click here.