Worcestershire schoolboy banned from carrying cough sweets at school

Droitwich Advertiser: FORBIDDEN FRUIT: Duncan Lawrence says his son was banned from carrying the cough sweets FORBIDDEN FRUIT: Duncan Lawrence says his son was banned from carrying the cough sweets

A SCHOOL has been accused of taking health and safety rules to the extreme — after an eight-year-old boy was banned from carrying his cough sweets.

Shocked Duncan Lawrence said his eight-year-old son Jake wanted to have the Halls Soothers with him at school after suffering from a cold.

But he was told by staff at St Peter’s First School in Droitwich that only prescribed medicines were allowed.

Head teacher Tracey O’Keefe-Pullan said cough sweets are allowed in school — but only if they are handed in to a class teacher or the school office so they can be administered properly.

Mr Lawrence said he could not believe what he was hearing.

“We are not the sort of people to go to the doctors all the time and get antibiotics. If a Halls Soother can do the job we would rather do that.

“The headmistress said the lozenges are not against the rules but she doesn’t want them to have them."

Mr Lawrence continued: “She said another child might have an allergy to a lozenge.

“It’s absolutely ridiculous, health and safety gone mad.”

Mr Lawrence, of Hanbury Road, in Droitwich, said he was told that if Jake could not spend the day at school without a lozenge he was not well enough to come to school and so he took his son home again.

Related links

He said: “He was fine and the chances are he wouldn’t even need one.

“They were just there to put his mind at rest that he could have one if he needs them.

“I said to the headmistress I’m fed up of the heads and teachers talking to parents as if we are their pupils.”

However, Mrs O’Keefe-Pullan is standing by the school’s rules on cough sweets.

“All we ask for as part of our policy is that an adult in school takes care of them,” she said.

“He wanted his little boy to have them in his pocket and have them whenever in the day.

“It’s for the welfare of all children in school. Children can’t just bring anything into school.”

Mrs O’Keefe-Pullan added: “The last thing we want is for a child to be out of school.

“We are very happy to work with parents to ensure children are in school but it’s about following procedures to keep everyone safe.”

Comments (55)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

9:10am Mon 14 Apr 14

Bingo Little says...

This is not health and safety gone mad, it is the School taking the right stance.

I can just see the headline 'Child chokes on cough sweet at school, angry parent demands action and sacking of school staff !

Come on Mr Lawrence, show some common sense, your child goes to school to be educated, perhaps you should join him.

Most cough sweets advise a maximum number in a given period, how can this be controlled if the school are not aware that a child has cough sweets in school.

Have you got nothing better to do Mr Lawrence, than to contact your local paper with this rubbish ?

Worcester News: for heavens sake get a grip and put some proper news in this rag, rather than another winging non story.
This is not health and safety gone mad, it is the School taking the right stance. I can just see the headline 'Child chokes on cough sweet at school, angry parent demands action and sacking of school staff ! Come on Mr Lawrence, show some common sense, your child goes to school to be educated, perhaps you should join him. Most cough sweets advise a maximum number in a given period, how can this be controlled if the school are not aware that a child has cough sweets in school. Have you got nothing better to do Mr Lawrence, than to contact your local paper with this rubbish ? Worcester News: for heavens sake get a grip and put some proper news in this rag, rather than another winging non story. Bingo Little
  • Score: 79

9:28am Mon 14 Apr 14

voledog says...

I quite agree. Schools have to have rules and this seems quite sensible. Soothers are little more than boiled sweets so if their use isn't controlled a whole class could sit there sucking on them all day claiming they all had sore throats!
Rules aren't just there to penalise parents' precious little angels, they are there to keep a school running smoothly for everyone. Parents would do a lot more good for their children by supporting their schools rather than moaning about silly little issues like this to the local press.
I quite agree. Schools have to have rules and this seems quite sensible. Soothers are little more than boiled sweets so if their use isn't controlled a whole class could sit there sucking on them all day claiming they all had sore throats! Rules aren't just there to penalise parents' precious little angels, they are there to keep a school running smoothly for everyone. Parents would do a lot more good for their children by supporting their schools rather than moaning about silly little issues like this to the local press. voledog
  • Score: 55

10:06am Mon 14 Apr 14

garysparrow says...

Agree with the school, parents should support the school an teachers, as you can overdose on cough sweets
Agree with the school, parents should support the school an teachers, as you can overdose on cough sweets garysparrow
  • Score: 45

10:19am Mon 14 Apr 14

DanMacc says...

I agree with the school, How is this parent even seriously complaining about this??
I agree with the school, How is this parent even seriously complaining about this?? DanMacc
  • Score: 43

10:19am Mon 14 Apr 14

Freyja says...

The whole point is this is not a rule as the head teacher quoted its a preference. Parents are being fined for taking their children out of school yet its OK for the headmistress to tell a child he should not be in school if he needs a lozenge, making her own rules up. A child can choke on his lunch or any other piece of food for that matter the world has gone crazy living lives around what ifs constantly....whatev
er happened to giving children responsibility for their own well being instead of being molly coddled all the time. The head mistress stands in the playground with a hot coffee in her hands shouldn't she be careful.....she might burn a child.........the rules could potentially be never ending chaos.
The whole point is this is not a rule as the head teacher quoted its a preference. Parents are being fined for taking their children out of school yet its OK for the headmistress to tell a child he should not be in school if he needs a lozenge, making her own rules up. A child can choke on his lunch or any other piece of food for that matter the world has gone crazy living lives around what ifs constantly....whatev er happened to giving children responsibility for their own well being instead of being molly coddled all the time. The head mistress stands in the playground with a hot coffee in her hands shouldn't she be careful.....she might burn a child.........the rules could potentially be never ending chaos. Freyja
  • Score: -44

10:42am Mon 14 Apr 14

brooksider says...

What worries me is that we have a group of people who seems to give these sweets magical medicinal properties.
Halls blackcurrant soothers contain Sugar, Glucose Syrup ,Glucose-Fructose Syrup ,Water ,Stabiliser (Glycerol) ,Acids (E270, E330) ,Concentrated Blackcurrant Juice (0.26%)* ,Flavourings ,Acidity Regulators (E325, E332) ,Concentrated Black Carrot Juice ,Colour (Vegetable Carbon) ,Emulsifier (Sunflower Lecithin) ,*Equivalent to 1.4% Fruit Juice.

They sooth a sore throat, not cure the common cold.

I also presume in banning these sweets, Mrs O’Keefe-Pullan is as strict on all kinds of sweets.
What worries me is that we have a group of people who seems to give these sweets magical medicinal properties. Halls blackcurrant soothers contain Sugar, Glucose Syrup ,Glucose-Fructose Syrup ,Water ,Stabiliser (Glycerol) ,Acids (E270, E330) ,Concentrated Blackcurrant Juice (0.26%)* ,Flavourings ,Acidity Regulators (E325, E332) ,Concentrated Black Carrot Juice ,Colour (Vegetable Carbon) ,Emulsifier (Sunflower Lecithin) ,*Equivalent to 1.4% Fruit Juice. They sooth a sore throat, not cure the common cold. I also presume in banning these sweets, Mrs O’Keefe-Pullan is as strict on all kinds of sweets. brooksider
  • Score: 11

11:00am Mon 14 Apr 14

Muzzy_Cove says...

Storm in a tea cup. School is right and it has nothing to do with Health & Safety. Soothers are a laxative and should be administered by an adult to 8yr olds. If this is all this chap has to complain about, he is a fortunate man.

Agree with Bingo Little. This is NOT newsworthy.
Storm in a tea cup. School is right and it has nothing to do with Health & Safety. Soothers are a laxative and should be administered by an adult to 8yr olds. If this is all this chap has to complain about, he is a fortunate man. Agree with Bingo Little. This is NOT newsworthy. Muzzy_Cove
  • Score: 36

11:24am Mon 14 Apr 14

CJH says...

Did he for one minute stop to think about the attention he is drawing to his son? I don't think so. How embarrassing for the child. This seems to be all about Mr Lawrence. Is he hoping for sponsorship from Halls? I'm surprised we didn't have a picture of Jake with his arms folded looking grumpy.
Did he for one minute stop to think about the attention he is drawing to his son? I don't think so. How embarrassing for the child. This seems to be all about Mr Lawrence. Is he hoping for sponsorship from Halls? I'm surprised we didn't have a picture of Jake with his arms folded looking grumpy. CJH
  • Score: 42

11:36am Mon 14 Apr 14

Lord Newbold says...

I consider the schools action to be right and proper.
parents will jump on any band wagon. I do not understand why this parent did not question the school directly.
cough sweets should be administered by a responsible parent or someone acting on their behalf. Leaving an 8 years old with a packet of cough sweets is very irresponsible.
I consider the schools action to be right and proper. parents will jump on any band wagon. I do not understand why this parent did not question the school directly. cough sweets should be administered by a responsible parent or someone acting on their behalf. Leaving an 8 years old with a packet of cough sweets is very irresponsible. Lord Newbold
  • Score: 31

12:37pm Mon 14 Apr 14

Mike67 says...

Totally agree with the school and most other comments, all kids could complain they have sore throats and eat these all day and potentially overdose on these sweets. Well done to the school this parent has made himself look a right muppet
Totally agree with the school and most other comments, all kids could complain they have sore throats and eat these all day and potentially overdose on these sweets. Well done to the school this parent has made himself look a right muppet Mike67
  • Score: 26

1:32pm Mon 14 Apr 14

denon says...

I disagree ....the head teacher is being arbitary...would a liqucorish sweet be banned.

I do hope teaches don't suck this type of sweet when in the staffroom...another teacher might have an allergy.

Me thinks a lot of teachers are on holiday this week filling in comments here.i
I disagree ....the head teacher is being arbitary...would a liqucorish sweet be banned. I do hope teaches don't suck this type of sweet when in the staffroom...another teacher might have an allergy. Me thinks a lot of teachers are on holiday this week filling in comments here.i denon
  • Score: -22

1:39pm Mon 14 Apr 14

Freyja says...

Overdose on Soothers??? Hahahaha....some people do need monitoring at all times clearly!
Overdose on Soothers??? Hahahaha....some people do need monitoring at all times clearly! Freyja
  • Score: -8

1:40pm Mon 14 Apr 14

old bus says...

I have a child in this school in the same year as this child and i already knew about this rule as for the parent going to the press its as Andy Warhol said everybody has there fame for 15 minuets if the child was that sick he should of not been in the school this is not a nanny state just because you say its so
your kid is only one of many in the school so why is it for son to break the rules and no one else if this is a difficult school for you to deal with its not the only school in the town why not try your luck at them
I have a child in this school in the same year as this child and i already knew about this rule as for the parent going to the press its as Andy Warhol said everybody has there fame for 15 minuets if the child was that sick he should of not been in the school this is not a nanny state just because you say its so your kid is only one of many in the school so why is it for son to break the rules and no one else if this is a difficult school for you to deal with its not the only school in the town why not try your luck at them old bus
  • Score: 25

1:53pm Mon 14 Apr 14

lehig76 says...

denon wrote:
I disagree ....the head teacher is being arbitary...would a liqucorish sweet be banned.

I do hope teaches don't suck this type of sweet when in the staffroom...another teacher might have an allergy.

Me thinks a lot of teachers are on holiday this week filling in comments here.i
"..would a liqucorish sweet be banned?" Probably, but only for dyslexic pupils.
[quote][p][bold]denon[/bold] wrote: I disagree ....the head teacher is being arbitary...would a liqucorish sweet be banned. I do hope teaches don't suck this type of sweet when in the staffroom...another teacher might have an allergy. Me thinks a lot of teachers are on holiday this week filling in comments here.i[/p][/quote]"..would a liqucorish sweet be banned?" Probably, but only for dyslexic pupils. lehig76
  • Score: 33

1:58pm Mon 14 Apr 14

Allan Whitehead says...

old bus wrote:
I have a child in this school in the same year as this child and i already knew about this rule as for the parent going to the press its as Andy Warhol said everybody has there fame for 15 minuets if the child was that sick he should of not been in the school this is not a nanny state just because you say its so
your kid is only one of many in the school so why is it for son to break the rules and no one else if this is a difficult school for you to deal with its not the only school in the town why not try your luck at them
I wonder what Mr Duncan Lawrence, would have done if his son had been sent home under health and safety. In an attempt to protect other children ii the same school and class.
What Andy Warhol said is a great quote. However, prevention is sometime better than the cure.

Mr Lawrence, schools have rules and it seems you are the one out of line in this particular case. So please get in step, you do not appear a rookie.
[quote][p][bold]old bus[/bold] wrote: I have a child in this school in the same year as this child and i already knew about this rule as for the parent going to the press its as Andy Warhol said everybody has there fame for 15 minuets if the child was that sick he should of not been in the school this is not a nanny state just because you say its so your kid is only one of many in the school so why is it for son to break the rules and no one else if this is a difficult school for you to deal with its not the only school in the town why not try your luck at them[/p][/quote]I wonder what Mr Duncan Lawrence, would have done if his son had been sent home under health and safety. In an attempt to protect other children ii the same school and class. What Andy Warhol said is a great quote. However, prevention is sometime better than the cure. Mr Lawrence, schools have rules and it seems you are the one out of line in this particular case. So please get in step, you do not appear a rookie. Allan Whitehead
  • Score: 16

3:34pm Mon 14 Apr 14

flatfoot64 says...

Mr Lawrence...
Sounds to me that you should go and sit in the same class as your son and learn some lessons about authority.
Whaaaaa!
Mr Lawrence... Sounds to me that you should go and sit in the same class as your son and learn some lessons about authority. Whaaaaa! flatfoot64
  • Score: 11

4:50pm Mon 14 Apr 14

Freyja says...

And as a fine example of authoritarianism lets revise the life and works of Adolf Hitler?

Clearly for the most part the point raised here is being misunderstood. Parents have a right to a say in their children's life and should not have to be parented by teachers themselves. The issue in question is NOT a rule at the school and the fact that the head teacher changed her story when questioned by the reporter is evidence of this. Personally I am able to think for myself about what is right or wrong for my child and I willingly encourage free thinking and independence for my children. The government or teacher in this case does not know what is best in all cases. It is the school who raised this petty issue not the parents. You have to remind yourself if teachers start making up their own rules where is this going to end.....whatever happened to individual freedom?
And as a fine example of authoritarianism lets revise the life and works of Adolf Hitler? Clearly for the most part the point raised here is being misunderstood. Parents have a right to a say in their children's life and should not have to be parented by teachers themselves. The issue in question is NOT a rule at the school and the fact that the head teacher changed her story when questioned by the reporter is evidence of this. Personally I am able to think for myself about what is right or wrong for my child and I willingly encourage free thinking and independence for my children. The government or teacher in this case does not know what is best in all cases. It is the school who raised this petty issue not the parents. You have to remind yourself if teachers start making up their own rules where is this going to end.....whatever happened to individual freedom? Freyja
  • Score: -10

4:53pm Mon 14 Apr 14

Trisha54 says...

A sweet is a sweet and if kids can't have them in school as most schools now say then why should a child who has a sore throat be treated differently. If a child is too unwell to attend school without the aid of these sweets then he should not be there at all
A sweet is a sweet and if kids can't have them in school as most schools now say then why should a child who has a sore throat be treated differently. If a child is too unwell to attend school without the aid of these sweets then he should not be there at all Trisha54
  • Score: 14

5:04pm Mon 14 Apr 14

CJH says...

Freyja wrote:
And as a fine example of authoritarianism lets revise the life and works of Adolf Hitler?

Clearly for the most part the point raised here is being misunderstood. Parents have a right to a say in their children's life and should not have to be parented by teachers themselves. The issue in question is NOT a rule at the school and the fact that the head teacher changed her story when questioned by the reporter is evidence of this. Personally I am able to think for myself about what is right or wrong for my child and I willingly encourage free thinking and independence for my children. The government or teacher in this case does not know what is best in all cases. It is the school who raised this petty issue not the parents. You have to remind yourself if teachers start making up their own rules where is this going to end.....whatever happened to individual freedom?
The child is only eight years old. What if he started handing them out like sweets and a child had one who shouldn't have? Who is responsible then? When a child is in school the staff are responsible. The head made it clear that the policy is "All we ask for as part of our policy is that an adult in school takes care of them.” What is wrong with that? Seems perfectly logical. And where would you draw the line? Don't want kids swapping Calpol for football stickers do we? Mr Lawrence has had a bit of a tantrum, made himself and his son look really stupid (not the childs fault) and should sit on the naughty step until he's really thought this through. If he has any sense he would ask the WN to withdraw the story and hope it will be forgotten.
[quote][p][bold]Freyja[/bold] wrote: And as a fine example of authoritarianism lets revise the life and works of Adolf Hitler? Clearly for the most part the point raised here is being misunderstood. Parents have a right to a say in their children's life and should not have to be parented by teachers themselves. The issue in question is NOT a rule at the school and the fact that the head teacher changed her story when questioned by the reporter is evidence of this. Personally I am able to think for myself about what is right or wrong for my child and I willingly encourage free thinking and independence for my children. The government or teacher in this case does not know what is best in all cases. It is the school who raised this petty issue not the parents. You have to remind yourself if teachers start making up their own rules where is this going to end.....whatever happened to individual freedom?[/p][/quote]The child is only eight years old. What if he started handing them out like sweets and a child had one who shouldn't have? Who is responsible then? When a child is in school the staff are responsible. The head made it clear that the policy is "All we ask for as part of our policy is that an adult in school takes care of them.” What is wrong with that? Seems perfectly logical. And where would you draw the line? Don't want kids swapping Calpol for football stickers do we? Mr Lawrence has had a bit of a tantrum, made himself and his son look really stupid (not the childs fault) and should sit on the naughty step until he's really thought this through. If he has any sense he would ask the WN to withdraw the story and hope it will be forgotten. CJH
  • Score: 23

5:35pm Mon 14 Apr 14

Freyja says...

As I have stated already the headteacher changed her policy to suit who she was speaking with at the time.
As for what if the child started handing them out....what if the sky falls?
What ifs rule our lives.
The child could also hand out his lunch to someone with an allergy but no one is making up policies about that....YET?
Why don't we all just give up thinking and allow those who like making up their own policies think for us............Mr Lawrence has every right to have a say in his own child's life regardless of whether he is in school or not and there is nothing unreasonable about that. Beware there will be a fine soon for independent thinking!!!!
As I have stated already the headteacher changed her policy to suit who she was speaking with at the time. As for what if the child started handing them out....what if the sky falls? What ifs rule our lives. The child could also hand out his lunch to someone with an allergy but no one is making up policies about that....YET? Why don't we all just give up thinking and allow those who like making up their own policies think for us............Mr Lawrence has every right to have a say in his own child's life regardless of whether he is in school or not and there is nothing unreasonable about that. Beware there will be a fine soon for independent thinking!!!! Freyja
  • Score: -19

5:42pm Mon 14 Apr 14

lehig76 says...

When I was a lad, I would suck on a Fisherman's Friend at school. I can't remember the name of the fisherman or his friend now, it was nearly 30 years ago.
When I was a lad, I would suck on a Fisherman's Friend at school. I can't remember the name of the fisherman or his friend now, it was nearly 30 years ago. lehig76
  • Score: 46

6:03pm Mon 14 Apr 14

SRFinn says...

Eight year olds are not toddlers, they are fully functioning little people that have the ability to know when to pop a throat soother to make them feel better. Is better the have a child keep interupting the class when they need their throat soothed?
Eight year olds are not toddlers, they are fully functioning little people that have the ability to know when to pop a throat soother to make them feel better. Is better the have a child keep interupting the class when they need their throat soothed? SRFinn
  • Score: 1

6:03pm Mon 14 Apr 14

Lucky pants says...

Really! Surely kids need to learn how to be responsible at some age! Maybe being responsible for your own medication should start at the age of 8. Without giving kids a bit of trust at that age they leave school at 16 and suddenly everything is there for the taking. I'm with the father on this one. I used to go to school with halls cough sweets.. They were great. Only given them if I had a sore throat! Maybe a whole pack is a bit much? Strepsils were also a favorite of mine.. Was told that I should only have one when I needed it. No way I would have given them to anyone else. Bit of commen sense I think.
Really! Surely kids need to learn how to be responsible at some age! Maybe being responsible for your own medication should start at the age of 8. Without giving kids a bit of trust at that age they leave school at 16 and suddenly everything is there for the taking. I'm with the father on this one. I used to go to school with halls cough sweets.. They were great. Only given them if I had a sore throat! Maybe a whole pack is a bit much? Strepsils were also a favorite of mine.. Was told that I should only have one when I needed it. No way I would have given them to anyone else. Bit of commen sense I think. Lucky pants
  • Score: -4

6:03pm Mon 14 Apr 14

brooksider says...

Muzzy_Cove wrote:
Storm in a tea cup. School is right and it has nothing to do with Health & Safety. Soothers are a laxative and should be administered by an adult to 8yr olds. If this is all this chap has to complain about, he is a fortunate man.

Agree with Bingo Little. This is NOT newsworthy.
Only if you eat too many off them, pretty much like most things with artificial sweetners in them.
[quote][p][bold]Muzzy_Cove[/bold] wrote: Storm in a tea cup. School is right and it has nothing to do with Health & Safety. Soothers are a laxative and should be administered by an adult to 8yr olds. If this is all this chap has to complain about, he is a fortunate man. Agree with Bingo Little. This is NOT newsworthy.[/p][/quote]Only if you eat too many off them, pretty much like most things with artificial sweetners in them. brooksider
  • Score: 10

6:15pm Mon 14 Apr 14

EB Jones says...

Really, is a cough sweet considered serious medication these days? A cough sweet is exactly what it says on the tin- a sweet. Are the school going to ban children from taking in packed lunches next because there's a possibility that a child might share a pack of crisps? This is just ridiculous. It's a pack of sweets, not drugs.
Really, is a cough sweet considered serious medication these days? A cough sweet is exactly what it says on the tin- a sweet. Are the school going to ban children from taking in packed lunches next because there's a possibility that a child might share a pack of crisps? This is just ridiculous. It's a pack of sweets, not drugs. EB Jones
  • Score: 3

6:16pm Mon 14 Apr 14

Landy44 says...

Just read this "story" and all the comments and it leads me to believe that the world really has gone mad!
Just read this "story" and all the comments and it leads me to believe that the world really has gone mad! Landy44
  • Score: 22

6:31pm Mon 14 Apr 14

Lucky pants says...

And also while I'm on one... I remember trying to have a day off at junior school for a sore throat.... Was made to gargle with TCP! Never tried that one again! If ya kid has a sore throat/slight cough. Send them to school with a couple.... And a couple only of cough sweets and no harm done... Best days of your life. Don't miss out on them for the same of an over sensitive teacher that thinks the child will turn into a crack dealer and start an allergy and laxative induced poo party for the same of some cough sweets. Going to ban shoe laces next. Trip hazard!
And also while I'm on one... I remember trying to have a day off at junior school for a sore throat.... Was made to gargle with TCP! Never tried that one again! If ya kid has a sore throat/slight cough. Send them to school with a couple.... And a couple only of cough sweets and no harm done... Best days of your life. Don't miss out on them for the same of an over sensitive teacher that thinks the child will turn into a crack dealer and start an allergy and laxative induced poo party for the same of some cough sweets. Going to ban shoe laces next. Trip hazard! Lucky pants
  • Score: -3

7:33pm Mon 14 Apr 14

pinkfluff says...

Freyja wrote:
And as a fine example of authoritarianism lets revise the life and works of Adolf Hitler?

Clearly for the most part the point raised here is being misunderstood. Parents have a right to a say in their children's life and should not have to be parented by teachers themselves. The issue in question is NOT a rule at the school and the fact that the head teacher changed her story when questioned by the reporter is evidence of this. Personally I am able to think for myself about what is right or wrong for my child and I willingly encourage free thinking and independence for my children. The government or teacher in this case does not know what is best in all cases. It is the school who raised this petty issue not the parents. You have to remind yourself if teachers start making up their own rules where is this going to end.....whatever happened to individual freedom?
I call Godwin's Law !
[quote][p][bold]Freyja[/bold] wrote: And as a fine example of authoritarianism lets revise the life and works of Adolf Hitler? Clearly for the most part the point raised here is being misunderstood. Parents have a right to a say in their children's life and should not have to be parented by teachers themselves. The issue in question is NOT a rule at the school and the fact that the head teacher changed her story when questioned by the reporter is evidence of this. Personally I am able to think for myself about what is right or wrong for my child and I willingly encourage free thinking and independence for my children. The government or teacher in this case does not know what is best in all cases. It is the school who raised this petty issue not the parents. You have to remind yourself if teachers start making up their own rules where is this going to end.....whatever happened to individual freedom?[/p][/quote]I call Godwin's Law ! pinkfluff
  • Score: 6

7:54pm Mon 14 Apr 14

Freyja says...

I call Godwins Laws Law!!!!
I call Godwins Laws Law!!!! Freyja
  • Score: -4

9:12pm Mon 14 Apr 14

old bus says...

As i stated earlier this is not about the head teacher and her rules the school has a procedure for kids with medication And not sweets and this so this is not medication so its all a fuss over nothing a fine school being dragged though the mud by an over zealous parent who thinks that by whining to the press he will get symphony because the school told his child NO .
i would say this is the wrong message to all kids( **** and moan till you get what you want ) well thats not right is it or have a missed a few things when bringing up my kids if we all scream for the press every time we were told no the papers would be far to heavy for the poor paper boys/girls to carry them so as for all these people on here with all this Hitler stuff well you need to read the story and think very carefully does this sound like a petty little dictator or just a head-teacher doing her job ?
A SWEET IS STILL A SWEET JUST BECAUSE IT SAYS COUGH MEANS NOTHING !
As i stated earlier this is not about the head teacher and her rules the school has a procedure for kids with medication And not sweets and this so this is not medication so its all a fuss over nothing a fine school being dragged though the mud by an over zealous parent who thinks that by whining to the press he will get symphony because the school told his child NO . i would say this is the wrong message to all kids( **** and moan till you get what you want ) well thats not right is it or have a missed a few things when bringing up my kids if we all scream for the press every time we were told no the papers would be far to heavy for the poor paper boys/girls to carry them so as for all these people on here with all this Hitler stuff well you need to read the story and think very carefully does this sound like a petty little dictator or just a head-teacher doing her job ? A SWEET IS STILL A SWEET JUST BECAUSE IT SAYS COUGH MEANS NOTHING ! old bus
  • Score: 9

10:22pm Mon 14 Apr 14

Freyja says...

A procedure does not equal a rule. If it is not a rule then why enforce the issue. This is not a parent whining but a parent who cares about his child. You do not know the full facts of the case and as I said earlier the fact she changes her procedures as and when it suits is not indicative of a professional approach. Some people may feel comfort in being babysat continually by figures of authority others have minds of their own and are free to express those rights and those of their children.
A procedure does not equal a rule. If it is not a rule then why enforce the issue. This is not a parent whining but a parent who cares about his child. You do not know the full facts of the case and as I said earlier the fact she changes her procedures as and when it suits is not indicative of a professional approach. Some people may feel comfort in being babysat continually by figures of authority others have minds of their own and are free to express those rights and those of their children. Freyja
  • Score: -12

10:30pm Mon 14 Apr 14

lehig76 says...

Freyja wrote:
A procedure does not equal a rule. If it is not a rule then why enforce the issue. This is not a parent whining but a parent who cares about his child. You do not know the full facts of the case and as I said earlier the fact she changes her procedures as and when it suits is not indicative of a professional approach. Some people may feel comfort in being babysat continually by figures of authority others have minds of their own and are free to express those rights and those of their children.
Freyja, you seem very knowledgeable and conversant with the facts........Im going to use my psychic powers now...wooooohooo....
.I see, in my crystal ball, that you have a child - a son! He's, hmmm, about eight years old.....and currently has a sore throat.....you're married to a gentleman called Duncan Lawrence......AM I RIGHT???!!!!
[quote][p][bold]Freyja[/bold] wrote: A procedure does not equal a rule. If it is not a rule then why enforce the issue. This is not a parent whining but a parent who cares about his child. You do not know the full facts of the case and as I said earlier the fact she changes her procedures as and when it suits is not indicative of a professional approach. Some people may feel comfort in being babysat continually by figures of authority others have minds of their own and are free to express those rights and those of their children.[/p][/quote]Freyja, you seem very knowledgeable and conversant with the facts........Im going to use my psychic powers now...wooooohooo.... .I see, in my crystal ball, that you have a child - a son! He's, hmmm, about eight years old.....and currently has a sore throat.....you're married to a gentleman called Duncan Lawrence......AM I RIGHT???!!!! lehig76
  • Score: 27

3:54am Tue 15 Apr 14

Mercuryman says...

I think Jake and his friends will be having a real laugh about this. Kids are older and wiser than you might think, and they know a thing or two about their elders.
I think Jake and his friends will be having a real laugh about this. Kids are older and wiser than you might think, and they know a thing or two about their elders. Mercuryman
  • Score: 9

8:35am Tue 15 Apr 14

Dickie Bucket says...

Congratulations Worcester News, you have succeeded in creating enough interest in a nothing story purely because you like to whip people up intro a frenzy about 'Health and safety gone mad'. Very Daily Mail of you.
Judging by the comments there is nothing the readers love more than to get on their soapbox and mouth off about such a ridiculous non-event.
I am a teacher and I can tell you that this rule would be the same anywhere. Kids can be administered prescribed medicine by office staff, end of story. A cough sweet is breaking school policy because imagine a class of 8 year olds with one of their peers suddenly eating sweets in class! They would all be doing it, and where do you draw the line? An 8 year old can't be trusted to ration them himself therefore he shouldn't have them in his pocket. It's no different to them not being allowed fizzy drinks in his lunchbox. Mr Lawrence is either a very irrational human being, or he is very astute and seized the opportunity to get his photo in the paper. I suspect perhaps the former.
Congratulations Worcester News, you have succeeded in creating enough interest in a nothing story purely because you like to whip people up intro a frenzy about 'Health and safety gone mad'. Very Daily Mail of you. Judging by the comments there is nothing the readers love more than to get on their soapbox and mouth off about such a ridiculous non-event. I am a teacher and I can tell you that this rule would be the same anywhere. Kids can be administered prescribed medicine by office staff, end of story. A cough sweet is breaking school policy because imagine a class of 8 year olds with one of their peers suddenly eating sweets in class! They would all be doing it, and where do you draw the line? An 8 year old can't be trusted to ration them himself therefore he shouldn't have them in his pocket. It's no different to them not being allowed fizzy drinks in his lunchbox. Mr Lawrence is either a very irrational human being, or he is very astute and seized the opportunity to get his photo in the paper. I suspect perhaps the former. Dickie Bucket
  • Score: 14

11:41am Tue 15 Apr 14

Lord Newbold says...

It would seem that the head mistress has been accused of changing her story. I only think that she clarified her statement so as not to confuse readers. Her clarification clearly states that cough sweets (non-Prescribed) are only allowed to be administered by an adult of the school. Had these medicated sweets been taken to the teacher, or headmistress, then their use could have been monitored according the medical instructions that are printed on the packet.

We also have some contributors who for one reason or another have varying views on this subject. While I personally cannot agree with some of their comments and listings. I would like to make a few comments. We all like to think our off springs are smarter than the next. Some will shine in one subject or another; other will have a flair for sports. These are all understandable. However, just cast your own minds back in time. Think of when you attended your first school classes, some shone at Maths, English, other at sport, just as it is today.
Just as was then teacher must be supported just as my sergeant major supported his corporals. I recall 60 men being out on manoeuvres when one wanted to pass water so from prostrate position he raised his posterior (only slightly) and we all heard the thundering voice of corporal Warboys Say “ That man you have just signalled to the enemy our position report to my office when this exercise has ended. The moral being 59 men did not need a toilet, so by majority ruling, this one man was proved to be at fault.
It would seem that the head mistress has been accused of changing her story. I only think that she clarified her statement so as not to confuse readers. Her clarification clearly states that cough sweets (non-Prescribed) are only allowed to be administered by an adult of the school. Had these medicated sweets been taken to the teacher, or headmistress, then their use could have been monitored according the medical instructions that are printed on the packet. We also have some contributors who for one reason or another have varying views on this subject. While I personally cannot agree with some of their comments and listings. I would like to make a few comments. We all like to think our off springs are smarter than the next. Some will shine in one subject or another; other will have a flair for sports. These are all understandable. However, just cast your own minds back in time. Think of when you attended your first school classes, some shone at Maths, English, other at sport, just as it is today. Just as was then teacher must be supported just as my sergeant major supported his corporals. I recall 60 men being out on manoeuvres when one wanted to pass water so from prostrate position he raised his posterior (only slightly) and we all heard the thundering voice of corporal Warboys Say “ That man you have just signalled to the enemy our position report to my office when this exercise has ended. The moral being 59 men did not need a toilet, so by majority ruling, this one man was proved to be at fault. Lord Newbold
  • Score: 0

11:45am Tue 15 Apr 14

honeystj says...

It's just this sort of article and petty-mindedness that stopped me buying this "news"paper years ago and only read it occasionally on-line.

I challenge "our" Worcester News to become a REAL newspaper - you know, the sort that, reporters actually go out and FIND the news and report it.
It's just this sort of article and petty-mindedness that stopped me buying this "news"paper years ago and only read it occasionally on-line. I challenge "our" Worcester News to become a REAL newspaper - you know, the sort that, reporters actually go out and FIND the news and report it. honeystj
  • Score: 16

3:09pm Tue 15 Apr 14

Freyja says...

Oh fgs how many times its not a rule.
Clearly the majority of people who have commented here are teachers with nowt better to do....whats happened to all those books you need to mark? Go and get it done....come term time you'll all be striking again, but god forbid a parent take a child out of school ....double standards all round from flaming control freaks.
Oh fgs how many times its not a rule. Clearly the majority of people who have commented here are teachers with nowt better to do....whats happened to all those books you need to mark? Go and get it done....come term time you'll all be striking again, but god forbid a parent take a child out of school ....double standards all round from flaming control freaks. Freyja
  • Score: -23

3:48pm Tue 15 Apr 14

CJH says...

Freyja wrote:
Oh fgs how many times its not a rule.
Clearly the majority of people who have commented here are teachers with nowt better to do....whats happened to all those books you need to mark? Go and get it done....come term time you'll all be striking again, but god forbid a parent take a child out of school ....double standards all round from flaming control freaks.
You might want to watch out for that chip on your shoulder before it becomes a health and safety issue. Now why don't you tell us what your real agenda is, because you certainly give the impression that you have a personal interest in this story.
[quote][p][bold]Freyja[/bold] wrote: Oh fgs how many times its not a rule. Clearly the majority of people who have commented here are teachers with nowt better to do....whats happened to all those books you need to mark? Go and get it done....come term time you'll all be striking again, but god forbid a parent take a child out of school ....double standards all round from flaming control freaks.[/p][/quote]You might want to watch out for that chip on your shoulder before it becomes a health and safety issue. Now why don't you tell us what your real agenda is, because you certainly give the impression that you have a personal interest in this story. CJH
  • Score: 14

10:10pm Tue 15 Apr 14

Old Uncle says...

Carrying sweets or any kind of food to class for surreptitious consumption has never been countenanced. Medications (prescribed or otherwise) need to be in the hands of the school administrators. When I was at RGS some 60 years ago, I was caught eating a sweet out on the street and had to write a three page essay on behavior as a punishment. The lesson has stayed with me. There is usually a reason behind this kind of thing. Start making exceptions and chaos will rule.
Carrying sweets or any kind of food to class for surreptitious consumption has never been countenanced. Medications (prescribed or otherwise) need to be in the hands of the school administrators. When I was at RGS some 60 years ago, I was caught eating a sweet out on the street and had to write a three page essay on behavior as a punishment. The lesson has stayed with me. There is usually a reason behind this kind of thing. Start making exceptions and chaos will rule. Old Uncle
  • Score: 12

10:46pm Tue 15 Apr 14

Mercuryman says...

Reading all these comments, I'm just reminded of the day I left school for good - a leap for joy, a leap for freedom, a leap into the unknown for sure - but My God it was so good to get away from the threatening force-it-down-your throat-or-else teachers in my school. I reckon seventy per cent at least of the comments here must be from my old teachers!
Reading all these comments, I'm just reminded of the day I left school for good - a leap for joy, a leap for freedom, a leap into the unknown for sure - but My God it was so good to get away from the threatening force-it-down-your throat-or-else teachers in my school. I reckon seventy per cent at least of the comments here must be from my old teachers! Mercuryman
  • Score: -2

12:42am Wed 16 Apr 14

lehig76 says...

Mercuryman wrote:
Reading all these comments, I'm just reminded of the day I left school for good - a leap for joy, a leap for freedom, a leap into the unknown for sure - but My God it was so good to get away from the threatening force-it-down-your throat-or-else teachers in my school. I reckon seventy per cent at least of the comments here must be from my old teachers!
I doubt you've ever visited sub-Saharan Africa (it's a desert - you can google it later), but there are children there who will walk 8 miles a day, EACH WAY, EVERY DAY, in blistering heat, for the PRIVILEGE of going to school, and getting an education. It's the rarest of opportunities, the chance to become who you always wanted to be. These kids focus on their teachers, transfixed, hanging on their every word, all day. Education is something to be revered and cherished, not something to be endured. You should be thoroughly ashamed and embarrassed by your cretinous comments.
Not everyone is academic, but still, teachers are not childminders, and they deserve the deference and respect that the post conveys - or should convey. If you don't respect your teachers, how will you respect your boss? How will you respect the police? How will respect the rights of others in society? How will you respect yourself? How will you demonstrate respect for authority to your children???
How will you even expect to command respect from your own children when you allow yourself to be publicly 'pimped' and humiliated by the gutter press like a court jester?! Pitiful. I am a father of three and would never voluntarily subject my children to such shameful and indignant public humiliation.

P.s. I'm a lawyer, not a teacher! But I'm only a lawyer because of a teacher.
[quote][p][bold]Mercuryman[/bold] wrote: Reading all these comments, I'm just reminded of the day I left school for good - a leap for joy, a leap for freedom, a leap into the unknown for sure - but My God it was so good to get away from the threatening force-it-down-your throat-or-else teachers in my school. I reckon seventy per cent at least of the comments here must be from my old teachers![/p][/quote]I doubt you've ever visited sub-Saharan Africa (it's a desert - you can google it later), but there are children there who will walk 8 miles a day, EACH WAY, EVERY DAY, in blistering heat, for the PRIVILEGE of going to school, and getting an education. It's the rarest of opportunities, the chance to become who you always wanted to be. These kids focus on their teachers, transfixed, hanging on their every word, all day. Education is something to be revered and cherished, not something to be endured. You should be thoroughly ashamed and embarrassed by your cretinous comments. Not everyone is academic, but still, teachers are not childminders, and they deserve the deference and respect that the post conveys - or should convey. If you don't respect your teachers, how will you respect your [future] boss? How will you respect the police? How will respect the rights of others in society? How will you respect yourself? How will you demonstrate respect for authority to your children??? How will you even expect to command respect from your own children when you allow yourself to be publicly 'pimped' and humiliated by the gutter press like a court jester?! Pitiful. I am a father of three and would never voluntarily subject my children to such shameful and indignant public humiliation. P.s. I'm a lawyer, not a teacher! But I'm only a lawyer because of a teacher. lehig76
  • Score: 22

8:39am Wed 16 Apr 14

Lord Newbold says...

@ Bingo Little,
Your state is saying exactly what would have been the case had something like you suggested had had the misfortune to happen. Thank got the Head Mistress, took the action she did.
I trust and hope the Education Authority now circulate to all teacher and parents by post (hand Delivered) to all houses within their schools catchment areas.

Let us not have any excuses as to the why’s and wherefore’ s. This head mistress did the correct and proper thing. Everybody knows the dangers of running around with any type of food in your mouth.
@ Bingo Little, Your state is saying exactly what would have been the case had something like you suggested had had the misfortune to happen. Thank got the Head Mistress, took the action she did. I trust and hope the Education Authority now circulate to all teacher and parents by post (hand Delivered) to all houses within their schools catchment areas. Let us not have any excuses as to the why’s and wherefore’ s. This head mistress did the correct and proper thing. Everybody knows the dangers of running around with any type of food in your mouth. Lord Newbold
  • Score: 9

12:10pm Wed 16 Apr 14

pinkfluff says...

lehig76 wrote:
Mercuryman wrote: Reading all these comments, I'm just reminded of the day I left school for good - a leap for joy, a leap for freedom, a leap into the unknown for sure - but My God it was so good to get away from the threatening force-it-down-your throat-or-else teachers in my school. I reckon seventy per cent at least of the comments here must be from my old teachers!
I doubt you've ever visited sub-Saharan Africa (it's a desert - you can google it later), but there are children there who will walk 8 miles a day, EACH WAY, EVERY DAY, in blistering heat, for the PRIVILEGE of going to school, and getting an education. It's the rarest of opportunities, the chance to become who you always wanted to be. These kids focus on their teachers, transfixed, hanging on their every word, all day. Education is something to be revered and cherished, not something to be endured. You should be thoroughly ashamed and embarrassed by your cretinous comments. Not everyone is academic, but still, teachers are not childminders, and they deserve the deference and respect that the post conveys - or should convey. If you don't respect your teachers, how will you respect your boss? How will you respect the police? How will respect the rights of others in society? How will you respect yourself? How will you demonstrate respect for authority to your children??? How will you even expect to command respect from your own children when you allow yourself to be publicly 'pimped' and humiliated by the gutter press like a court jester?! Pitiful. I am a father of three and would never voluntarily subject my children to such shameful and indignant public humiliation. P.s. I'm a lawyer, not a teacher! But I'm only a lawyer because of a teacher.
Round of applause from me for that comment!!
[quote][p][bold]lehig76[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Mercuryman[/bold] wrote: Reading all these comments, I'm just reminded of the day I left school for good - a leap for joy, a leap for freedom, a leap into the unknown for sure - but My God it was so good to get away from the threatening force-it-down-your throat-or-else teachers in my school. I reckon seventy per cent at least of the comments here must be from my old teachers![/p][/quote]I doubt you've ever visited sub-Saharan Africa (it's a desert - you can google it later), but there are children there who will walk 8 miles a day, EACH WAY, EVERY DAY, in blistering heat, for the PRIVILEGE of going to school, and getting an education. It's the rarest of opportunities, the chance to become who you always wanted to be. These kids focus on their teachers, transfixed, hanging on their every word, all day. Education is something to be revered and cherished, not something to be endured. You should be thoroughly ashamed and embarrassed by your cretinous comments. Not everyone is academic, but still, teachers are not childminders, and they deserve the deference and respect that the post conveys - or should convey. If you don't respect your teachers, how will you respect your [future] boss? How will you respect the police? How will respect the rights of others in society? How will you respect yourself? How will you demonstrate respect for authority to your children??? How will you even expect to command respect from your own children when you allow yourself to be publicly 'pimped' and humiliated by the gutter press like a court jester?! Pitiful. I am a father of three and would never voluntarily subject my children to such shameful and indignant public humiliation. P.s. I'm a lawyer, not a teacher! But I'm only a lawyer because of a teacher.[/p][/quote]Round of applause from me for that comment!! pinkfluff
  • Score: 9

1:12pm Wed 16 Apr 14

CJH says...

Good for you lehig76 ! Excellent! :-)
Good for you lehig76 ! Excellent! :-) CJH
  • Score: 6

2:09pm Wed 16 Apr 14

BelieveinWorcester says...

Thumbs up from me too lehig76. The most intelligent thing written on here relating to this topic.
Thumbs up from me too lehig76. The most intelligent thing written on here relating to this topic. BelieveinWorcester
  • Score: 6

6:39pm Wed 16 Apr 14

leemo79 says...

lehig76 wrote:
Mercuryman wrote:
Reading all these comments, I'm just reminded of the day I left school for good - a leap for joy, a leap for freedom, a leap into the unknown for sure - but My God it was so good to get away from the threatening force-it-down-your throat-or-else teachers in my school. I reckon seventy per cent at least of the comments here must be from my old teachers!
I doubt you've ever visited sub-Saharan Africa (it's a desert - you can google it later), but there are children there who will walk 8 miles a day, EACH WAY, EVERY DAY, in blistering heat, for the PRIVILEGE of going to school, and getting an education. It's the rarest of opportunities, the chance to become who you always wanted to be. These kids focus on their teachers, transfixed, hanging on their every word, all day. Education is something to be revered and cherished, not something to be endured. You should be thoroughly ashamed and embarrassed by your cretinous comments.
Not everyone is academic, but still, teachers are not childminders, and they deserve the deference and respect that the post conveys - or should convey. If you don't respect your teachers, how will you respect your boss? How will you respect the police? How will respect the rights of others in society? How will you respect yourself? How will you demonstrate respect for authority to your children???
How will you even expect to command respect from your own children when you allow yourself to be publicly 'pimped' and humiliated by the gutter press like a court jester?! Pitiful. I am a father of three and would never voluntarily subject my children to such shameful and indignant public humiliation.

P.s. I'm a lawyer, not a teacher! But I'm only a lawyer because of a teacher.
Amazing comment.
best thing i have read on this site in a long time!
[quote][p][bold]lehig76[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Mercuryman[/bold] wrote: Reading all these comments, I'm just reminded of the day I left school for good - a leap for joy, a leap for freedom, a leap into the unknown for sure - but My God it was so good to get away from the threatening force-it-down-your throat-or-else teachers in my school. I reckon seventy per cent at least of the comments here must be from my old teachers![/p][/quote]I doubt you've ever visited sub-Saharan Africa (it's a desert - you can google it later), but there are children there who will walk 8 miles a day, EACH WAY, EVERY DAY, in blistering heat, for the PRIVILEGE of going to school, and getting an education. It's the rarest of opportunities, the chance to become who you always wanted to be. These kids focus on their teachers, transfixed, hanging on their every word, all day. Education is something to be revered and cherished, not something to be endured. You should be thoroughly ashamed and embarrassed by your cretinous comments. Not everyone is academic, but still, teachers are not childminders, and they deserve the deference and respect that the post conveys - or should convey. If you don't respect your teachers, how will you respect your [future] boss? How will you respect the police? How will respect the rights of others in society? How will you respect yourself? How will you demonstrate respect for authority to your children??? How will you even expect to command respect from your own children when you allow yourself to be publicly 'pimped' and humiliated by the gutter press like a court jester?! Pitiful. I am a father of three and would never voluntarily subject my children to such shameful and indignant public humiliation. P.s. I'm a lawyer, not a teacher! But I'm only a lawyer because of a teacher.[/p][/quote]Amazing comment. best thing i have read on this site in a long time! leemo79
  • Score: 5

11:28am Thu 17 Apr 14

poontangy says...

The school is right. The child could hand them out to other kids and what then if that kid choked? Mate you are wrong. You might think that the whole world revolves around you snd your kid but you need to consider the bigger picture a bit more. Maybe YOU should go back to school, read some books..its amazing what you might find out. Just dont take cough sweets
The school is right. The child could hand them out to other kids and what then if that kid choked? Mate you are wrong. You might think that the whole world revolves around you snd your kid but you need to consider the bigger picture a bit more. Maybe YOU should go back to school, read some books..its amazing what you might find out. Just dont take cough sweets poontangy
  • Score: 5

7:50pm Thu 17 Apr 14

Keith B says...

old bus wrote:
I have a child in this school in the same year as this child and i already knew about this rule as for the parent going to the press its as Andy Warhol said everybody has there fame for 15 minuets if the child was that sick he should of not been in the school this is not a nanny state just because you say its so
your kid is only one of many in the school so why is it for son to break the rules and no one else if this is a difficult school for you to deal with its not the only school in the town why not try your luck at them
take a breath
[quote][p][bold]old bus[/bold] wrote: I have a child in this school in the same year as this child and i already knew about this rule as for the parent going to the press its as Andy Warhol said everybody has there fame for 15 minuets if the child was that sick he should of not been in the school this is not a nanny state just because you say its so your kid is only one of many in the school so why is it for son to break the rules and no one else if this is a difficult school for you to deal with its not the only school in the town why not try your luck at them[/p][/quote]take a breath Keith B
  • Score: -3

9:10pm Thu 17 Apr 14

CJH says...

Keith B wrote:
old bus wrote:
I have a child in this school in the same year as this child and i already knew about this rule as for the parent going to the press its as Andy Warhol said everybody has there fame for 15 minuets if the child was that sick he should of not been in the school this is not a nanny state just because you say its so
your kid is only one of many in the school so why is it for son to break the rules and no one else if this is a difficult school for you to deal with its not the only school in the town why not try your luck at them
take a breath
and here's some punctuation . . . , , , ? ! ; : (but I agree with what you say)
[quote][p][bold]Keith B[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]old bus[/bold] wrote: I have a child in this school in the same year as this child and i already knew about this rule as for the parent going to the press its as Andy Warhol said everybody has there fame for 15 minuets if the child was that sick he should of not been in the school this is not a nanny state just because you say its so your kid is only one of many in the school so why is it for son to break the rules and no one else if this is a difficult school for you to deal with its not the only school in the town why not try your luck at them[/p][/quote]take a breath[/p][/quote]and here's some punctuation . . . , , , ? ! ; : (but I agree with what you say) CJH
  • Score: 1

9:20pm Thu 17 Apr 14

Mike67 says...

How long do you think we can keep these comments going on a packet of throat soothers ?
How long do you think we can keep these comments going on a packet of throat soothers ? Mike67
  • Score: 3

3:13pm Fri 18 Apr 14

Budweis-her says...

Not as long as the chicken curry story!
Not as long as the chicken curry story! Budweis-her
  • Score: 1

3:44pm Fri 18 Apr 14

CJH says...

Budweis-her wrote:
Not as long as the chicken curry story!
Oooo! Now imagine what sort of story it would be if a cough sweet had been found in a chicken curry OR the child had taken a chicken to school with him? I can see the photos now...
[quote][p][bold]Budweis-her[/bold] wrote: Not as long as the chicken curry story![/p][/quote]Oooo! Now imagine what sort of story it would be if a cough sweet had been found in a chicken curry OR the child had taken a chicken to school with him? I can see the photos now... CJH
  • Score: 3

6:05pm Fri 18 Apr 14

old misery says...

Those sweets must have been strong all the" hot air "they have generated
Those sweets must have been strong all the" hot air "they have generated old misery
  • Score: 0

8:10pm Fri 9 May 14

Cliff Michelmore says...

Mr Lawrence is showing no respect for the authority of the school rules and the teachers. What a great example to set his son.

As a parent with a child at St Peter's I can state that the schook is well run and the headmistress is doing a good job.
Mr Lawrence is showing no respect for the authority of the school rules and the teachers. What a great example to set his son. As a parent with a child at St Peter's I can state that the schook is well run and the headmistress is doing a good job. Cliff Michelmore
  • Score: 2

8:24pm Sun 11 May 14

gaillewisbraznell says...

I once choked on a cough sweet as a child, if i hadn't of been turned upside down I could have choked to death.

Right decision by the head? Hell yeh.
I once choked on a cough sweet as a child, if i hadn't of been turned upside down I could have choked to death. Right decision by the head? Hell yeh. gaillewisbraznell
  • Score: 2

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree