Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting BA NEWS to 80360 or e-mail us
Fancy adding an extra dimension to your days out? Then give geocaching a go. Put simply geocaching is a modern, high-tech take on a treasure hunt and has become something of a worldwide phenomenon. Promising a fun challenge for children (and adults) of all ages, geocaching ticks lots of boxes: it encourages your kids to get out and about in the fresh air, provides a good bit of exercise, offers a chance to test their mental agility, explore different environments (great for boosting their interest in geography!) and learn about ecology, as well as enhancing team-building skills. What's not to love?!
- Job stress may raise our 'bad cholesterol' levels
- Vitamin D may help treat severe asthma
- Preparing to breastfeed
- Next summer sale
- Rise in number of unpaid carers and young carers
- Time-lapse technique may boost success rate of IVF
We can all remember the picnics in our childhood: some in glorious sunshine where the day seemed to go on forever and others that were rained off, ending with the family eating in a steamed up car.
Buy & Sell
Green Jem 2m telescopic water fed cleaning brush Green Jem 2m telescopic water-fed cleaning brush, with Hozelock coupling; for cleaning windows, cars etc.
- Baby, clothing and nursery equipment (78)
- Books, records, CDs, Videos and DVDs (34)
- Children's clothing, toys and games (159)
- Clothing (47)
- Computers, software, hardware and computer games (20)
- Furniture and furnishings (99)
- Gardening and Outdoors (54)
- Household and DIY (79)
- Miscellaneous (81)
- Outdoor pursuits (73)
- Pets (24)
- Sports equipment and hobbies (37)
Family health interactive guides
Healthy home check Take this test to find out whether your home could be a health risk.
Healthy child self-assessment Find out how you and your child are doing with this short quiz.
Fitness self-assessment Take this simple assessment test to find out how fit and active you are.
Alcohol self-assessment Assess the effects of your drinking and find out if you're drinking too much.